Re: [Healeys] Speaking of bolts and stuff

To: "'Mark LaPierre'" <lapierrem@sbcglobal.net>, "'BJ8Healeys'"
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Speaking of bolts and stuff
From: "PG" <britishcars@shaw.ca>
Date: Fri, 5 Dec 2008 19:50:10 -0800
Actually, ARP specifically states that nuts and bolts should be lubed prior
to torquing so that the friction between the nut and bold does not distort
the torque numbers.

At the end of the day, the best way to measure bolt stress is using a
"stretch" technique as it bypasses the friction issue.

Paul