Re: [Healeys] Stator Tube Removal

To: <jobu53@hotmail.com>, <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Stator Tube Removal
From: Jean Caron <vintage_roadster_restoration@hotmail.com>
Date: Sun, 11 Jan 2009 16:24:21 +0000
You would disconnect the four wires from the front of your car, they are
attached to the harness just above the grille. You should also remove the nut
for the stator tube that is attached to the steering box at the front as well,
it should be a brass coloured nut and behind it will be an olive that will
also need removing. Make sure you have some sort of container on the ground as
oil will drain from the steering box, onto the frame rail and to the ground..
You will pull everything through the inside of the car, much easier to do is
the top is down.

Jean Caron> From: jobu53@hotmail.com> To: healeys@autox.team.net> Date: Sun,
11 Jan 2009 08:51:30 -0700> Subject: [Healeys] Stator Tube Removal> > I want
to remove the steering wheel and stator tube from my BJ7. After I> remove the
horn push, indicator switch and grub screws where do I disconect> the wires? A
simple question for most but I have never done this before.> Thanks to all.>