Re: [Healeys] Early BN7 MKII heat shield

To: "John McElrath" <linsley46@gmail.com>, <Healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Early BN7 MKII heat shield
From: "Rich C" <richchrysler@quickclic.net>
Date: Mon, 12 Jan 2009 09:42:06 -0500
Hi John,

Do you really think that the setup you found on your car is not original to
the car? I would highly doubt that all that was changed out at some time in
the past. early pictures as seen in Robson's book can be excellent reference
but one must be careful and keep in mind that some of his pictures are early
BMC development pictures, some of which never actually went into production.
For instance, the pair of pictures on page 67 is early stuff, but already
has the double insulation fitted to the heat shield.
I would tend to photograph what you have for your records and go with what
you found on your car.

Rich Chrysler