[Healeys] BJ8 starter removal

To: Austin Healey mailing_list <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Healeys] BJ8 starter removal
From: Jorge Garcia <fortee9er@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 12 Jan 2009 19:42:52 -0800 (PST)
I am in the process of removing the starter from my BJ8 so far I have removed
all cable connections from the solenoid plus removed the top bolt.
The problem is the bottom bolt. Do I need to elevate the car in order to have
access to the nut for the bottom bolt? Access to the bottom bolt head is no
problem since I removed the transmission tunnel cover. Any advice will be
greatly appreciated.
Second question: Is the solenoid grounded by being fastened to the chasis? I
found that the solenoid had come loose from frame and was wondering if this may
be the cause of my inop starter.
Thanks
Jorge Garcia