Re: [Healeys] BN 7 MkII heat shield/ Jet Hot the Headers?

To: "richard mayor" <mayorrichard@hotmail.com>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] BN 7 MkII heat shield/ Jet Hot the Headers?
From: "Alan Seigrist" <healey.nut@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 13 Jan 2009 12:01:59 +0800
Sorry, to be clear I meant the exhaust headers, not the intake manifolds.

I've Jet-Hotted two of my 4 LBCs and the difference is very noticeable.  The
BJ8 is being restored now - it is next for this treatment.

On very hot days I get vapor lock type symptoms in the BJ8 because of
boiling fuel in the carb float chambers...  I know coating the headers will
get rid of this problem.  I used to have hot-day boiling over issues too on
the A90 - that's completely gone now.  Jet-Hotted the Jag Mk IX because it
was heating the AC lines I installed... now that's no longer a problem
either!

My cars are very sensitive to this stuff - Hong Kong is HOT and humid in the
summer.

Alan

'52 A90
'53 BN1