[Healeys] Healey glove box lock on e-bay 320331699975 FP670?

To: healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: [Healeys] Healey glove box lock on e-bay 320331699975 FP670?
From: Pete Groh <pete_groh@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 13 Jan 2009 07:59:10 -0800 (PST)
A car friend alerted me to a glove box lock on e-bay. Per the remarks in the
posting, appears with a FP lock insert may actually be from a Nash
Metropolitan. I have some Nash Metro glove box locks for sale, FP lock insert
that can be used on the BJ8's. I also have one used BJ8 glove box lock with
the chrome housing also available. Any one interested, can contact me on
prices off the list. My glove box locks also include a key cut to code, or can
provide a wilmot breeden keys stamped UNION to work the lock.

I also have one extra lock insert with the FS### in case other BJ8 owners
purchased the Nash Metropolitan glove box locks in the past.

At Hershey PA this past year, I did see a Nash Healey car that had the glove
box lock with a FA ###. I believe Steve B, can advise owner of BJ8's if any
build record had recorded the FP lock insert's.

"Hello Is there a number like FS 882 or other on it? Many thanks Rainer
Jan-12-09 A:  Hi Rainer and thanks for your interest. You are referring to the
key code number. All BJ-8 glove box locks have their key code stamped on the
tumbler face. However, this would not be an FS prefix but rather an FP one. In
this case it is FP 670. Usually FS keys were used for the ignition key. Hope
this info is of help. Regards, Brad"
Kind regards
Pete Groh   (KeyGuy)
9957 Frederick Rd
Ellicott City, Md. 21042-3647 U.S.A.
Phone 443 912-4740 cell 410 750-2352 evening