[Healeys] Thermo-electric choke Q

To: Healey <Healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Healeys] Thermo-electric choke Q
From: Alan Seigrist <healey.nut@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 23 Jan 2009 11:37:53 +0800
All -

This is for my Jag MK IX which uses the same SU choke as the Mk 1, and also
has HD6 carbs on it.

The thermo choke is constantly kicking on and off, even after the car has
warmed up.  Am I right to assume this means the thermo sensor is shot?

I'm of half a mind to just put a switch on the circuit and when the car is
warmed up, just shut off power to the choke.  Is this a good enough way to
fix this piece of **** or do pay for a new thermo sensor, which is around
$80?

I ask the question because Hong Kong is pretty warm all the time, so I don't
think I really need a choke at all, except maybe a couple months out of the
year.

Any thoughts appreciated...  just thinking this through.

Thanks in advance!

Alan

'52 A90
'53 BN1