Re: [Healeys] non Healey wheel query. Delete now if "Porsche"

To: Simon Lachlan <simon.lachlan@homecall.co.uk>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] non Healey wheel query. Delete now if "Porsche"
From: Oudesluys <coudesluijs@chello.nl>
Date: Fri, 23 Jan 2009 14:05:11 +0100
Aluminium/magnesium alloy leads to the wheels getting porous after some
years. Also other alloy wheels may devellop this habit. It can be cured
fairly easily. Have the wheels glasbeaded, front, rear and the tire bed
as well, clean and degrease thoroughly, leave to dry for a couple of
days and paint the wheels entirely with a good quality two pack paint
using at least two layers. Have the wheels balanced with stick on
weights to avoid damage to the paint.
Another fault may be corrosion on the tire seating area: clean and polish.
My Jensen Healey and Subaru suffered from it as well.
Kees Oudesluijs