[Healeys] Alternator wiring and other wires?????

To: <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Healeys] Alternator wiring and other wires?????
From: "Randy Dickson" <rdickson@midwestarchaeology.com>
Date: Sat, 24 Jan 2009 18:30:21 -0600
Fellow Healeyoids,

I got the alternator conversion kit from Dun-Rite and Don in Texas and I'm
having a difficult time figuring out the wiring.  The kit is very nice and
the mechanical part was very easy and straight forward to complete.  I have
a GM Delco Alternator from NAPA.

I did the same conversion to my 67 Mini Cooper S 20 years ago in college but
have long since lost my notes (multiple moves).

Anyway, I have the schematic that came with the current kit.  Many of my
wires color schemes do not correspond to the wires in the schematic.  Across
the front of my voltage regulator reading left to right from the front of
the car I did have: Terminal 1) Fat Brown, Terminal 2) Fat Brown/Skinny
brown, Terminal 3) Skinny yellow/green, Terminal 4) Fat yellow/Skinny
yellow, Terminal 5) Fat black ground.  I think that I'm missing my brown for
the lights, but that is another question.

As per the schematic that came with the kit, I currently have Fat
brown/blue, Fat brown, Skinny brown all together.  They all go to the + on
the alternator.

I also have Fat yellow, Skinny yellow and Skinny yellow/green all together.
They all go to the R on the Alternator.

I think that the brown wires are correct but not the yellows.  I got the car
to turn over but no power anywhere else, no lights, no fuel pump.  I
disconnected the line from the coil to the old ground as well.  The last
time I tried, that car would not even turn over. ?????

Another wiring question that I have is, I have two wiring harnesses that
came with my wiring harness order to AH Spares 6 years ago.  They each
possess two wires  one with brown/green and brown/black wires.  They are
identical.  They have female spade connectors at one end and female bullet
connector receptacles at the other.  They are about 20 inches long.  Where
do they go?????

Thanks in advance!

Randy

Healey Archaeologist