[Healeys] Found some good upholstery glue!!!

To: "'healeylist'" <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Healeys] Found some good upholstery glue!!!
From: "Chris Masucci" <csooch1@aol.com>
Date: Sun, 25 Jan 2009 17:34:47 -0600
I am in the middle of doing the front seats for my BJ8.  I had asked a few
months ago and received some good recommendations for contact cement.  The
3M Super 80 that you can get at Home Depot is pretty good, but not the best.
You have to time the drying just right or it doesn't hold fast.

But yesterday while out scavenging every auto parts store in Des Moines for
Mobil 1 Turbo Diesel Truck oil, I took a chance on some other 3M glue that I
found at Autozone.  This stuff reminds me of the old fashioned contact
cement, where you better stick it down in the right place the first time.
It is 3M Super Trim Adhesive #08090 in a 19 oz spray can for $19 and it is
worth every penny.  Let it dry for up to an hour and it is dry to the touch,
but holds fast when pressed together.

I was finally able to re-finish (don't ask, OCD) one of the front seat
bottoms and got the other one halfway finished.

Cheers,
Chris
BJ8
TDI