[Healeys] BJ8 Rubber anti rattle for bonnett installation

To: Ahealey Ahealey <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Healeys] BJ8 Rubber anti rattle for bonnett installation
From: Weston Keyes <westonkeyes@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 27 Jan 2009 14:00:48 -0500
Hello Folks,

     I'm installing the rubber anti rattle pieces for the bonnet on a BJ8. I
have rubber and a rivet and a copper washer. I assume the rivet head goes on
the inside of the engine bay with washer between the head and the rubber. Does
the rivet get peened over underneath the rubber after going through the body?

Also: How many per side? I see three holes on the right side and 2 on the
left.  I assume there is none in the middle of the left side because of the
mounding to keep water away from the carbs. Could someone tell me where that
moulding extends to as well.

Many Thanks
Wes Keyes
York,Maine