Re: [Healeys] Gland

To: healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Gland
From: Healeyguy <healeyguy@aol.com>
Date: Thu, 29 Jan 2009 06:21:44 -1000
Listers
While the historical information regarding original material stated is correct,
gasket sets offered over the last 40 years have had a variety of materials.
Indeed I had several head gasket sets in the late 60's / early seventies that
had a cork replacement, usually dried and split before they could be used.  In
the 90's there were O-rings included in the sets. Several years ago, a visit to
the local plumbing supply turned up a suitable replacement "gland". Not really
a normal O-ring but similar and worked (still is) very well.
Aloha
Perry

In a message dated 01/28/09 22:46:14 Hawaiian Standard Time,