Re: [Healeys] Subject (Healeys) Batteries

To: healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Subject (Healeys) Batteries
From: Wilkmanracing@aol.com
Date: Sun, 1 Feb 2009 13:09:52 EST
worlds as far
as I'm concerned. I recently  purchased one of their absolutely accurate
Lucas style moulded Group 27  batteries with all the correct details for a
BJ8 restoration, but they have  an Optima battery sealed inside the moulded
Lucas case. The battery has a 10  year Optima warranty, there is no fussing
with an acid battery, no topping  up, no gassing, etc. Unscrew any of the
Lucas filler caps and there's the  bright orange Optima unit inside! Of
course lots of warning tags and  literature about not adding acid or water to
this case!
Now if we can  only get them to install one of these in the 17L series 6V
Lucas case, and  another 17L case that is empty except for the terminal
connections so it can  be installed in series in the car, one on each side a
per original, we'd  have the problem solved for the 2 seater models.

Rich  Chrysler>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Hi Rich

I looked at the Antique Battery Supply web site but saw no reference to the
Lucas case with Optima battery inside.  Is there a secret password on their
site to find this information?

Bill Wilkman

**************Know Your Numbers: Get tips and tools to help you improve your
credit score.