[Healeys] Paint question

To: <healeys@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: [Healeys] Paint question
From: "Mark LaPierre" <lapierrem@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Tue, 3 Feb 2009 06:50:00 -0500
What is the consensus of painting over polyurethane with base coat clear coat
,  after
some initial sanding and panel leveling.

My painter wants to spray all body panels( inside and out) off the car with
polyurethane. Then sand down the exterior sides of the panels ( after they are
installed on the car), do the panel leveling(putty work)  and then shoot them
with base/clear coat after they are all smooth and level.

He feels that the poly will give them good sight at the panel leveling that
needs to be done.

I am just a bit leery of putting the base/clear over the poly.  But then, I am
not a painter.

Never used this guy before and just want to make the right paint job call.

Thanks for any comments,  Mark