Re: [Healeys] 4 seater rear seat pans

To: Rich C <richchrysler@quickclic.net>, <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] 4 seater rear seat pans
From: andy pole <ampole@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 3 Feb 2009 17:58:46 +0000
Thanks Rich

Just wanted to double check before I get the grinder out! Why in the h*ll do
they press a new seat pan that will not fit within a new pressed surround, its
mad.
I spent aes as well making a template out of card to get the holes in the
right position for the studs (especially as the studs are not parallel and you
need the larger hole to get them aligned)

thanks again Andy> > Andy,> > Nothing on a BJ8 fits straight away! <grin>> As
I recall you have new metal in the rear pan surround area? When we are >
replacing metal here we use an old pair of original seat pans to use as >
indicators to make sure the hole perimeter metal is ground away sufficiently >
to allow the pans to fully seat into the openings.> In addition, the orginals
seldom had a good all around seal into the > openings, usually due to
differences in the contour of the curve down to the > front. The factory
usually had all sorts of tricks they used to build up the > surface of the
vinyl to meet that of the seat pan flange, from extra foam to > stuffing extra
layers of scrap carpet to bring the surrounding vinyl up to > the seat
flange.> > Rich Chrysler

Hotmail, Messenger, Photos  and more - all with the new Windows Live. Get
started!
http://www.download.live.com/