Re: [Healeys] driving lights questions!

To: Randy Dickson <rdickson@midwestarchaeology.com>, healey list
Subject: Re: [Healeys] driving lights questions!
From: Charlie Baldwin <mgcharlie@comcast.net>
Date: Tue, 03 Feb 2009 17:02:31 -0500
Randy,
The Moss copies that I bought a few years ago were identical to the
originals to the point where parts were interchangeable.  In other
words, they are excellent.  So if they are still the same, there is no
need to pay any more or pay more for shipping from the UK.
At the time you could buy parts from Moss too and I used those to
rebuild some original lamps.
Charlie

Randy Dickson wrote:
> Fellow Healeyoids,
>

> Im progressing fairly well on my BJ7.  It has been seven years in
> restoration.  I just hooked up a stereo last week.  I built two 5 x 5  inch
> boxes that are 2 > inches deep. I installed 4 inch speakers with a good
> frequency response.  I bolted them up under the dash against the lateral
> running air box.  I hooked up my I-Pod and it sounds great,..Ramones,
> Ventures, Sex Pistols, Doors.  Granted, I could build a sub woofer then
> cover it with  matching black vinyl and put it in the back seat area but
> this is good for now.
>

> Now, since Im in the mindset for doing electrical work, I want to hook up
> some driving lights.  Mo** has them for $100 each, the 5 inch spot light
> type that are Lucas copies.  Are these any good or cheap Chinese copies?  Or
> I could order from The Cape and get 5 inch Lucas SLR576 lights for approx.
> 85 pounds or $118 US.  I think that the latter would be the better choice.
> I was wondering what others thought??????????????  Any experience with
> these?  I plan on running a driving light relay and switch system, not
> hooked to the high-beam wire.
>

> Im not going to have a bumper on the front for a while.  It ruins the lines
> of the Healey in my opinion.  I will run rally bumper over-riders on the
> back.
>
> Also, I split a couple of old mangled bumper brackets in half this morning
> and straightened them out.  I then cut the outside 3 or so inches off.  Then
> I welded a 1 = inch piece on the end of the bracket and perpendicular to the
> bracket.  This looks just like what some Healey places sell for $115 or so
> per pair.   Now a little paint in body color to blend them in and Im done.
>
> Thanks!
>

> Randy
>

> Healey Archaeologist
>

> healeyarchaeology.blogspot.com
>

> 63 BJ7
>
> 60 BT7
>
> 66 Cobra replica
>
> 06 Mini Cooper S
>
> You are subscribed as mgcharlie@comcast.net
>
> http://www.team.net/archive

[demime 1.01d removed an attachment of type text/x-vcard which had a name of
mgcharlie.vcf]