Re: [Healeys] Minilites for 100

To: "'Douglas W Flagg'" <dwflagg@juno.com>, <ynotink@msn.com>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Minilites for 100
From: "Simon Lachlan" <simon.lachlan@homecall.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 4 Feb 2009 12:50:34 -0000
And when I was at university, TCD, in Dublin, I didn't know anything [about
anything?) either and one of my rear wires collapsed going round a corner in
Ballsbridge rather too enthusiastically. There was less traffic in Dublin
those days and that was possible in daylight hours. For the Irish amongst
us, there was a guy in a back street off the far end of O'Connell Street who
specialized in doing things to wire wheels. In the same street was a battery
place where they could put new posts on batteries. They melted the lead(?)
in moulds and, more or less, hey presto. Those guys, and the street too,
would be long gone I'd guess.
Simon