[Healeys] 100 Mystery

To: healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: [Healeys] 100 Mystery
From: Bob Spidell <bspidell@comcast.net>
Date: Sun, 8 Feb 2009 02:49:20 +0000 (UTC)
Listers,

My dad and I are reassembling our 100M. We have a puzzle I'm hoping someone
might be able to help with: on our LHD car, there are 2 round holes where the
brake and clutch pedals go through. Where the holes are is a raised part of the
floorboard, and on the outside (engine bay side) are a couple of thread
insert-type nuts. On the passenger side, it's clear these nuts are for a
blanking panel with a felt seal, but it seems there should be something on the
driver's side but we can't find a part nor a reference to it in the (Moss
catalog). Does anyone know what, if anything, goes around the clutch and brake
holes? There are small plates on the pedals on which rubber pads ('draft
excluders') go, but these don't come near to sealing the 2 round holes (they
don't come all the way up to the floorboard, either). It sure seems like there
should be some sort of panel to help seal up the area around the pedals--anyone
know what goes there?

TIA,
Bob