Re: [Healeys] 100 bolts for clutch cover

To: "Thomas-Michael Willig" <twillig@ruda.de>, <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] 100 bolts for clutch cover
From: "Rich C" <richchrysler@quickclic.net>
Date: Sun, 8 Feb 2009 13:02:41 -0500
Thomas,

Sorry to take so long answering, I had to do some digging and measuring.
According to the Spare parts List, these bolts holding the clutch assembly
to flywheel are Part number 2K 5881 with lockwashers 2K 5319. These are part
numbers not numbered by the standard BMC fastener number coding system,
therefore they are specific to this use.
I measured some originals and they are 5/16" BSF thread shouldered black
phosphate hex head capscrews by about 11/16" long (measurement taken from
under the heads). A 5/16" BSF thread measures 5/16" diameter but has a
thread pitch of 22 T.P.I. therefore cannot be substituted by SAE threaded
fasteners. DON'T lose any more! <grin>

Now speaking of "can't find", I don't seem to have any record of you or your
car on the Hundred Registry. Would you please be so kind as to send me all
your appropriate numbers and car information, etc. so we can add you and
your BN2 to the Registry?

Thanks

Rich Chrysler
AHCA Hundred Registrar