Re: [Healeys] More...60 BN7 Tranny problem

To: scott willis <ahpowered@hotmail.com>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] More...60 BN7 Tranny problem
From: Oudesluys <coudesluijs@chello.nl>
Date: Sat, 21 Feb 2009 18:14:55 +0100
Scott,
Did you actually take the gearbox apart or did someone make a diagnosis
just listenig to the noises. If the latter is the case, dismantle the
gearbox and renew as many bearings as you can, that should not cost an
arm and a leg. Make sure all parts including the casing are spotlessly
clean before reassembly. Change oil frequently to get rid of the metal
particles.
Leave the OD well alone if that functioned properly.
I would not venture running the box into smithereens. Dangerous and costly.
Kees Oudesluijs