Re: [Healeys] [ot] classic car films

To: Patrick and Caroline Quinn <p_cquinn@tpg.com.au>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] [ot] classic car films
From: Jody Kerr <jodyfkerr@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 22 Feb 2009 22:08:18 -0700
Is that:
Le Mans (1971)

"A classic auto-racing movie, Le Mans is a 24-hour pedal-to-the-metal
jaunt through the French countryside. Steve McQueen plays an American
driver locked in an intense grudge match with his German counterpart,
even as he wrestles with his guilt over causing an accident that cost
the life of a close friend. McQueen comes through with a penetrating,
stoic performance, and the racing sequences are nothing less than
thrilling."

I've not seen it. It's on my list of "Not seen yet" films.... It
predated me by a few years and my dad never sat me down for that one.

Jody

--
http://www.theymightberacing.com/
1953 Studebaker Champion