[Healeys] Imports

To: <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Healeys] Imports
From: "Drew Philippo, P.E." <dphilippo@gtp-eng.com>
Date: Mon, 23 Feb 2009 11:22:42 -0500
This question is for those in the US who have ordered parts directly from
the suppliers in Great Britain. What type of import duty should I expect to
pay and how does that work. I am looking into buying a Bell SS exhaust for
my BJ8 to replace my currently leaking SS Falcon exhaust (too thin material
on the ends of the silencers have caused the ends to fail). The price and
shipping seem reasonable given the exchange rate but I want to make sure
that I'm taking into account any and all costs. The shipping would be by
FEDEX. Any insight would be greatly appreciated. I'm sure that the shipper
can probably help me with this but I figured if I ask here I should get the
full information and share it with others as well.

Many thanks,

Drew Philippo

65 BJ8