Re: [Healeys] Jump starting a pos. earth car using a neg. earth car

To: "Ed's Shop" <shop@justbrits.com>, <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Jump starting a pos. earth car using a neg. earth car
From: "Greg Lemon" <glemon@neb.rr.com>
Date: Wed, 25 Feb 2009 07:37:51 -0600
" One more thing.  Do NOT let (if by chance both cars chromed bumpered)
 touch each other.  Zero 'metal-to-metal' contact allowed."

I had a '66 Sprite in High School, my brother had a later Sprite that was
negative ground, the '66 was always a "hard starter" in the winter.  So it
would get jumped by the '68 on a regular basis,  one time the cars were
close and the bumpers touched while elctrically connected.  Big impressive
sparks but no damage.

Yes, just match the polarity up and it should work fine.

Greg Lemon