Re: [Healeys] Muffler Heat Shield

To: "stevesylvia2" <stevesylvia2@comcast.net>, <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Muffler Heat Shield
From: "Ronald J. Ray" <ronald-ray@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Fri, 27 Feb 2009 19:07:39 -0600
Steve,

Perhaps you don't have a copy of the Anderson and Moment book, or the Austin
Healey "Originality Guide for Restorations and Registry Inspections".  Even
if you are not completely respecting the originality of the car, these
documents offer a wealth of information that is fundamental to the
reassembly of any Austin Healey.

The heat shield under the driver's side floor is installed with through
bolts, large washers against the heat shield, and nuts.  The fire wall heat
shield, and some of the bolts for the foot well heat shields, use bolts and
washers with captive nuts that are welded to the sheet metal.

AH Spares offers "original type" heat shields in a kit that includes the
driver's side floor board, foot wells, fire wall, and the bolts, washers,
and nuts.  I suspect Moss has an identical or similar kit.

Ron