Re: [Healeys] Overdrive works switch

To: "PG" <britishcars@shaw.ca>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Overdrive works switch
From: "John Rowe" <jarowe@westnet.com.au>
Date: Mon, 2 Mar 2009 12:33:36 +0900
The works cars had the overdrive switch on the firewall removed so you could
just switch into overdrive when you liked.

If you just treat it like another gear and just touch the clutch when you
change so it is not changing under full power it gives you a very quick
change.

I use it all the time this way in Tarmac Rallying and it works a treat. It's
especially good if you have Sebring style gear ratios where you have a close
ratio box and the o/d is 5th gear.

cheers from West Oz

John Rowe
1959 3000