[Healeys] OT: shoes (was Re: new clutch -non healey)

To: Healey net <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Healeys] OT: shoes (was Re: new clutch -non healey)
From: "P.M. Pollock" <pollpete@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Fri, 06 Mar 2009 10:59:43 -0800
Patrick et al,

http://www.sasshoes.com/main/view_styles_catalog.php?catid=1

Pushed one of my buttons.  SAS ( San Antonio Shoe).  These US made
(family owned co.) shoes changed my life when I discovered them 20 years
ago.  My congenitally malformed foot has only hurt occasionally- and I
can actually walk for a few miles- thanks to them.

I recommend the Time Out model for general use.  Granted, none are very
dressy and all have their (superb) soft soles.  I rotate three pairs,
need a new pair about every two years.  The uppers are near to glove
leather, wear forever & keep looking good if you care for them (leather
dyed through).  (Their care products are almost as good as the shoes- if
you get the shoes get the polish & scuff coat also.)   Cost about $130
on sale.  (For around $40 they'll resole them and send them back looking
new -I only did that once as I want them to stay in business.)

Highest recommendation.

Pete Pollock
BJ7
N. California