Re: [Healeys] Carb gas leak

To: "kaynmike.bham@juno.com" <kaynmike.bham@juno.com>, Healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Carb gas leak
From: Alan Seigrist <healey.nut@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 9 Mar 2009 08:24:08 +0800
By the way - my experience is usually bad fuel pumps are caused by
crud / rust in the tank which then overloads the pump over time and
burns it out.  When you replace the pump, then float jets get stuck
open because the new strong pump is pumping crud into your float
chambers, causing sticky jets causing fuel overflow.

You should drain and thoroughly wash out your gas tank.  Put an inline
fuel filter as well.

Alan

--
Sent from my mobile device