[Healeys] Laygear or Cluster

To: healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: [Healeys] Laygear or Cluster
From: sebring@illawarra.hotkey.net.au
Date: Wed, 11 Mar 2009 16:54:59 +1100
This message is in MIME format.

--===============0920189957==

This message is in MIME format.

--=_47oinphf8v1v

I have maintained my old BN.4 with two different sedan donor laygears. The
sedans being a Morris Issis and a second time a Morris Marshall. One of these
laygears had the same 1st, 2nd and 3rd gear number of teath and I mated them
with the Healey gears on the overdrive main shaft,BUT the constant mesh
transfer gear set ( input/1st motion shaft) had different numbers of teeth and
therefore different ratio to the BN.4  The other sedan gear set had the same
constant mesh teeth and ratios as the BN.4 BUT second and or third gear was a
different ratio requiring the main shaft of the BN.4 to be dismantled and
remade with the correct sedan gear to match the laygear.

These laygear and matching gears can all be used with the appropiate mating gear
--=_47oinphf8v1v

    "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd";>
    <head>
        <title></title>
    </head>
            I have maintained my old BN.4 with two different sedan donor lay=
gears. The sedans being a Morris Issis and a second time a Morris Marshall. =
One of these laygears had the same 1st, 2nd and 3rd gear number of teath and=
 I mated them with the Healey gears on the overdrive main shaft,BUT the cons=
tant mesh transfer gear set ( input/1st motion shaft) had different numbers =
of teeth and therefore different ratio to the BN.4&#160; The other sedan gea=