Re: [Healeys] Engine Lifting

To: jerry wall <jwbn6@verizon.net>, rjswain@hotmail.com
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Engine Lifting
From: tld6008@mchsi.com
Date: Sat, 14 Mar 2009 20:38:20 +0000
 I use two of the head studs after I pull the rocker assembly.

--
Tim Davis BN7
  -------------- Original message from jerry wall <jwbn6@verizon.net>:
--------------

yes,  i've done it numerous times in the past.

JERRY WALL  BN6
ROWLETT, TX

Mar 14, 2009 09:27:08 AM, rjswain@hotmail.com wrote:
I'm looking for advice here. In the past I have removed and installed engine
and gearbox separately. This time I'm thinking of replacing both together. I've
seen posts on this and it makes sense but I'm a little concerned about using
the valve cover studs to lift both engine and gearbox. I have the BMC L
brackets and I've used these in the past to lift just the engine - I've always
been a little concerned about trusting those studs with the weight of the
engine. Is that how people lift the combined weight of engine and gearbox?

Thanks

Rick Swain
'59 BN4

Windows Live Messenger makes it easier to stay in touch -  learn how!

You are subscribed as jwbn6@verizon.net