Re: [Healeys] BJ8 clutch upgrade

To: "Alan Seigrist" <healey.nut@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] BJ8 clutch upgrade
From: "Earl Kagna" <kags@shaw.ca>
Date: Mon, 16 Mar 2009 22:38:02 -0700
Alan:

You're correct - partly.  The diaphragm clutch was introduced during the BJ7
production - fairly late, in May '63, with the first BJ8 in Oct. '63.
Flywheel part #, dowel part # changed as well, and dowel quantity went from 2
- 3 at the change point, as did the clutch cover mounting bolt part #.  I'm
pretty sure that the mounting bolt circle changed as well from the 10 inch to
9 inch clutch (even though the disc varied between 9 and 91/2 inches.)

All of which still makes the changeover that Mark was asking about easier when
a late flywheel is in hand, rather than reworking the earlier one to take the
later clutch.

Cheers,  ------  Earl

  Earl -

  I think the bolt pattern on BJ7 and some other later BT7s will be the same
as the BJ8 but the peg pattern may be different.

  Alan

  '52 A90
  '53 BN1
  '64 BJ8