[Healeys] Tulip Engines

To: healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: [Healeys] Tulip Engines
From: Editorgary@aol.com
Date: Tue, 17 Mar 2009 12:17:11 EDT
I queried Graham Robson about the existence of a "Tulip Engine" and got the
following reply. Veddddy intereshting.
Gary

"As far as I know, there is no such thing as a 'Tulip' engine. The engine
used in Tulip lrallies was exactly the same as that used in other events. The
only possible wrinkle is that the 3 Weber + aluminium cylinder head engine was
first used by the 'works' rally team on the Tulip rally of 1962 - and was then
used, virtually unchanged, for the next three years.
Of such are legends created - I don't believe a word of it.
  Best Regards,
 GRAHAM ROBSON"