[Healeys] SU Carb tuning

To: healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: [Healeys] SU Carb tuning
From: Awgertoo@aol.com
Date: Sat, 28 Mar 2009 18:32:22 EDT
I too had always been under the impression that lifting the pin  on a
particular carb gave an indication on its--versus its partner's--state of
richness/leanness until quite recently a very smart and experienced mechanic
friend
said it was just the opposite and explained why as this string bears  out.
Volvo
and Healey SU's are both the same in fucntion--and one  would think that the
Brits could explain in better and more accurate  English the operation and
tuning of an English carb than could the  Swedes, but who knows!

In any case as Alan points out this only has to do with idle settings and  I
think we are more concerned with mixture at mid to high rpm ranges  depending
on how we use our cars.  I still prefer to run the car at a  particular speed,
then shut it down and read the plugs--NGK in my case--as they  do not lie.

Best--Michael Oritt
steps!
(http://pr.atwola.com/promoclk/100126575x1220439616x1201372437/aol?redir=http:%2F%2Fwww.freecreditreport.com%2Fpm%2Fdefault.aspx%3Fsc%3D668072%26hmpgID
%3D62%26bcd%3DfebemailfooterNO62)