Re: [Healeys] BJ8 doesn't want to start Part II

To: fortee9er@yahoo.com
Subject: Re: [Healeys] BJ8 doesn't want to start Part II
From: Oudesluys <coudesluijs@chello.nl>
Date: Tue, 31 Mar 2009 07:40:41 +0200
Jorge,
If you find that kind of sooty stuff in your carbs it is time for a
proper cleanout: dismantle and rebuilt. You may get away with carb
cleaner this time, but it is probably all gummed up inside and if one
piston even is stuck it is downright dirty and pot and piston may have
some dirt-corrosion which need to be cleaned and polished (good old
Brasso). SU's only operate properly when the insides are spotlessly clean.
Kees Oudesluijs