Re: [Healeys] BJ8 Doesn't want to start Part III

To: fortee9er@yahoo.com
Subject: Re: [Healeys] BJ8 Doesn't want to start Part III
From: Oudesluys <coudesluijs@chello.nl>
Date: Sat, 04 Apr 2009 09:32:51 +0200
Sounds like possible fuel starvation because of a blocked line or
filter. Check if the plugs get wet with fuel after starting. Spray some
propane/butane propelled medium (penitrating oil, WD40 etc.) in the
carbs throat or better some aether when turning the engine on the
starter. If it picks up and dies it is fuel starvation.
Renew points, condensor, distr. cap, check or replace coil and plug
wires, check if carb pistons move freely and drop with a clear clonk
when fully adjusted back. Fill the dampers with ATF or sewing machine oil.
Are the plug leads fitted in the right firing order?
Kees Oudesluijs