Re: [Healeys] EPA Takes First Step

To: Richard Ewald <richard.ewald@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] EPA Takes First Step
From: Oudesluys <coudesluijs@chello.nl>
Date: Sat, 18 Apr 2009 17:41:17 +0200
As older cars generaly use more fuel the CO2 emissions are higher than
in modern cars. You are confusing CO2 with NOx. If CO is high NOx may be
low and v.v., although it is an approximation.
The catalist reduces the emissions of smelly hydrocarbons )unburned
fuel), and no odour, poisonous CO, carbonmonoxide, turning it into H2O,
water, and CO2, carbondioxide, which an asphixiate in much higher than
natural concentrations.
The CO in the atmosphere is turned into CO2 by green plants and algae,
so although potentially unpleasant it has little effect in open space.
Very unpleasant are the hydrocarbons and NOx, they can be the cause of
smog and ozone with low winds, sunshine and high temperatures in
enclosed cities.
Kees Oudesluijs