Re: [Healeys] Bleeding Clutch Line

To: PhilRitten@aol.com
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Bleeding Clutch Line
From: Bob Spidell <bspidell@comcast.net>
Date: Thu, 07 May 2009 06:15:39 -0700
Phil,

Sounds like you broke off the fitting that attaches to the flex line, correct?
I'm kinda curious how you managed to do that ;)

I don't think you have much choice but to install a new clutch line.  I doubt
rubber fuel line and clamps would handle the pressure too well--the pressure
when you disengage the clutch is much greater than even fuel injection line
pressure.  Not having a working clutch would all but strand you someday.

This isn't a terrible job, I don't think you even have to remove the
transmission cover to get at the line.  This would be a good time to install a
remote bleeder kit from Mr. Finespanner (Doug Reid), if you do pull the cover.

Bob