[Healeys] BJ8 Interior

To: healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: [Healeys] BJ8 Interior
From: Mark Schneider <mandmschneider@comcast.net>
Date: Sun, 10 May 2009 07:35:59 -0700
The threaded studs for the shoulder harness straps do extend through
the quarter panels and.  If you do not have a 3-point seat/shoulder in
your car the threads can be protested and look a little improved with
a couple of chrome  finishing nuts on top of them.  If the studs and
other anchoring components were installed at the factory there should
be two studs to each side of the cockpit,  I am not sure if I
understand the other part of your question, ie, installing the rear
seat squab and some interference with the quarter panels.  When I did
my carpet job I had all of the interior out of the car.  The rear seat
back is held in place by five bolts.  Three extend through wood frame
at the bottom and through the body metal into the space above the rear
axle.  Two more boltx, one in each of the rear wheel wells extend
through the metal and into the side frame of the back.  I hope this
helps.

Marks 3
1966 BJ8