Re: [Healeys] Elevation effects on SU carbs - suggestion

To: "Steve B. Gerow" <steveg@abrazosdata.com>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Elevation effects on SU carbs - suggestion
From: Bob Spidell <bspidell@comcast.net>
Date: Sun, 17 May 2009 16:26:38 +0000 (UTC)
re:

"Equalize the amount; for instance if it's .055" in one and .045" in the other,
equalize at .050"."

Immaterial and possibly harmful if the fuel levels differ ... start by making
sure the float levels in both carbs are correct (but that's carb tuning, not
altitude compensation--I was assuming properly tuned and balanced carbs to
begin with). Also, make sure the needles are installed correctly (they
differ--carb tuning again).

How would you measure the fuel levels with a dial caliper (half-;)

bs