Re: [Healeys] Headlight dipper switch - help!

To: CAWS52803@aol.com
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Headlight dipper switch - help!
From: John Loftus <loftusdesign@cox.net>
Date: Mon, 18 May 2009 08:28:31 -0700
Hi Rudy,

The central shaft comes through the cap and is peened over, much like a rivet
head. As Peter said, this gets worn over time and the cap pops off. The central
shaft goes through the body and is what activates a switch near the bottom
(inside where the 3 wires attach).

If you want to try to 'repair' your original (which is probably a better
quality switch than the aftermarket) you could drill and tap the central shaft
for a small machine screw.

BTW, same thing happened with my Lucas switch but I found a NOS switch to
replace it. I kept the repaired original as a back up.

Cheers,
John