Re: [Healeys] Brake squeal

To: Leonard Berkowitz <drberkowitz@hotmail.com>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Brake squeal
From: Oudesluys <coudesluijs@chello.nl>
Date: Thu, 21 May 2009 10:47:15 +0200
Did you apply some copper/aluminium grease on the shims, both calliper
and pad side, and some on the sliding surfaces of the calliper? This may
reduce the squealing considerably.
Bedding in may help after a while.
Did you check if the dimensions of the pads were OK? I found that in
some cases you have to slightly file/sand down the sides of the metal
backing plate, no matter what make.
Sanding/filing the leading edge of the brake pads at 45: may help as well.
Which make/type pad did you fit?
Kees Oudesluijs
NL