Re: [Healeys] brake servo for '67 bj8

To: Rich C <richchrysler@quickclic.net>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] brake servo for '67 bj8
From: Charlie Baldwin <mgcharlie@comcast.net>
Date: Fri, 29 May 2009 16:57:53 -0400
Another source may be from Volvo 122S station wagons.  Most Volvo people
just remove them or bypass them when they go bad.  There doesn't seem to
be much difference in braking effort without them.  I don't have a BJ8
to compare to, but do a Volvo unit lying out in my garage that I removed
from my 122S wagon when it kept sucking the brake fluid into the
engine.  I have a friend that has two warehouses full of old Volvos with
many wagons, so he may have some lying around too.
If someone would tell me what to measure, I can check it out and also
take a picture of the one that I have.
Charlie

Rich C wrote:
> Bill,
>
> If yours is complete and not physically damaged it can be rebuilt. If
> a unit is actually needed, check out the Sunbeam Alpine and Tiger
> listings on Ebay. The Alpine had the same hydraulic body, just the
> size of the vacuum chamber was different, and maybe yours can be used.
> The Tiger's servo was exactly the same as the BJ8's, chamber and all.
> I've found two good ones going this route.
>
> Rich Chrysler
>
> ----- Original Message ----- From: "Bill B" <billunc@gmail.com>

[demime 1.01d removed an attachment of type text/x-vcard which had a name of
mgcharlie.vcf]