[Healeys] Gas tank

To: <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Healeys] Gas tank
From: "Peter Svilans" <peter.svilans@rogers.com>
Date: Sun, 31 May 2009 18:08:58 -0400
<< an empty gas tank is a bomb >>

I had removed the empty gas tank from a vintage scooter, and it had been lying
on the patio for at least three days with the filler neck open. I was torching
off a rusty bolt and the orange-red nut dropped and rolled near the open
filler tube.  There was a loud, very memorable "chuff" sound exactly like a
shovelful of gravel tossed into a tin pail ( I can hear it to this day )  and
the tank spun away across the patio like a deflating balloon.  No distortion
or damage to the tank.

Peter