Re: [Healeys] Question

To: Bob Spidell <bspidell@comcast.net>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Question
From: Oudesluys <coudesluijs@chello.nl>
Date: Sun, 14 Jun 2009 10:40:44 +0200
Bob,
The felt is often missing and in my opinion not really a neccessity if
you check the distributor regularly and at the same time add a drop of
oil (3in1)on that spot. It is for lubricating the top lobed part that
rotates on the distributor shaft when the timing is adjusted by the
weights / springs. At the same time add a drop of oil onto the pivoting
and sliding points of the weights and springs using light oil (3in1),
this is often forgotten.
Presumably the felt should release some oil to lubricate when soaked, at
least that is the theory. If it realy works like that long term???????
Kees Oudesluijs
NL