[Healeys] Heat Barrier Cloth vs Dynamat

To: Healey <Healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Healeys] Heat Barrier Cloth vs Dynamat
From: Alan Seigrist <healey.nut@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 26 Jun 2009 21:19:04 +0800
All -

I have been mulling about the various materials I can put on my floorboards
to keep the BJ8 cool.  I actually bought some Dynamat, but I'm having second
thoughts about putting that super sticky stuff on my floor and what it'll
mean for rust in the future.

I also received some Heat Barrier Cloth I got from Pegasus (for another
application) and I was looking at the cloth thinking, well H E double hockey
sticks, why don't I just put this stuff under the carpets?  Not only is it
thinner and cheaper than Dynamat, but it actually has a proper asbestos
style heat barrier cloth on it, rather than just a bit of sticky foam.  Have
a looksie:

http://www.pegasusautoracing.com/productselection.asp?Product=1832

Has anyone used this stuff before?  thoughts?  This is what racers use....

Alan

'52 A90
'53 BN1
'64 BJ8