Re: [Healeys] Speedometer Cable Test

To: "Bob Spidell" <bspidell@comcast.net>, "healeylist" <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Speedometer Cable Test
From: "Rich C" <richchrysler@quickclic.net>
Date: Sat, 27 Jun 2009 00:01:16 -0700
Bob,

I recall seeing a tip in an old Thoroughbred and Clasic Cars issue back in
the mid '70's. The inner cable is pulled out of the outer sleeve and laid on
a clean flat surface. The ends are brought together in almost a closed U
shape and while remaining flat on the table surface, one end is twirled with
the fingers. If it's good, the entire length will stay flat but twirl
smoothly on the surface. If it's twisted or bent in any way, the cable will
jump, hop or otherwise leave the table surface.

Rich Chrysler