[Healeys] radiator water

To: "healeys@autox.team.net" <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Healeys] radiator water
From: <healeymanjim@hansencc.net>
Date: Tue, 07 Jul 2009 03:55:59 +0000
i learned the hard way about adding tap water to a radiator.  here in vegas the
water comes from the colorado river, which has massive amounts of calcium and
other minerals that will eat up a cooling system.  it even ate up the pipes in
my house and i had to have the house replumbed with some kind of plastic pipe
and fittings.  you ought to see what it did to my neighbor's golf cart
batteries.  i use only distilled or reverse osmosis water no matter where i go.
 better safe than sorry.  BTW, i added some of that Water Wetter to my cooling
system on the bn6 with negative results.  did not change the temp on the guage
one iota.  worth a try, i guess.     hjim