Re: [Healeys] Fw: thermostat discussion - Part 2

To: Greg Lemon <glemon@neb.rr.com>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Fw: thermostat discussion - Part 2
From: "Eric (Rick) Wilkins" <e-wilkins@cox.net>
Date: Thu, 16 Jul 2009 16:30:45 -0700
Thermostats set the low end of the temp range, and the amount allowed
to flow through them can have an effect on the top end--depending on
how well they flow while open.

In Healeys I've always found that you can't flow too much though the
radiator. It will always be maxed out and wanting more. Here in CA I
don't have to wait long for the engine to get up to good running temp
even without a thermostat. Modern or extra cores certainly help.

I run a pressurized system with a recovery tank.

Wilko
San Diego