[Healeys] Socket Drive Dimensions

To: <Awgertoo@aol.com>, <Healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Healeys] Socket Drive Dimensions
From: <Josef.Eckert@t-systems.com>
Date: Mon, 3 Aug 2009 21:13:19 +0200
 Michael,
Here in Germany at some of the markets and Christmas markets you can get half
a meter fried sausages.
They are the favourites of our visitors from oversees.

Even having the metric system we count wood volumina in very funny measures
like Klafter. One Klafter is about 6 foot in lenth, but depending on the
region. In some regions 6 foot are 1.8 meters, in others 1.85 meters, in
others 1.75 meters. But a Klafter can also be 6 foot x 6 foot x 3 foot when
used as a volumina measure. Confused??
But we also use Ster as measurement for similar. 1.0 Fest-meter (fm) = 1.4
Raum-meter/Ster (rm) = 2.0 bis 2.4 Schuettraum-meter (srm). Now you seem
really confused??  I can go on with these examples for a while.

But you may understand that we needed something like the meter to stop this
chaos.

Personally I see it as a good brain training to be able to switch from
inches/foot to meters and back. That4s much easier than crossing a road in a
country having "left hand drive" roads.

Josef Eckert
Konigswinter/GERMANY

-----Urspr|ngliche Nachricht-----