Re: [Healeys] Throttle? linkage

To: "'Jaap Aeckerlin'" <j.aeckerlin@gmail.com>,
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Throttle? linkage
From: "Richard J. Hockert" <rjh.co@tx.rr.com>
Date: Tue, 11 Aug 2009 17:30:29 -0500
I have a cable throttle set up.  I fabricated all of the parts and brackets.
Works easily, never hangs, never fails.

Start with a fabricated bulkhead type bracket immediately in front of the
original fitting on the pedal shaft in the engine compartment.  From there,
the cable travels directly to the front  of the engine, loops back towards
the driver but lays over the valve cover.  Now the pull of the inner cable
is from the right side of the engine as the pedal is pushed.  Fabricate some
sturdy brackets that tie into the carb mountings and establish a bulkhead
dead end at that point.  The pull wire can then be connected to the
butterfly linkage with a fabricated cable clamp of the appropriate size.

Best regards,
Jim Hockert
Dallas, TX