Re: [Healeys] colortune

To: <Josef.Eckert@t-systems.com>, <sbyers@ec.rr.com>, <Healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] colortune
From: "Freese, Ken" <Kendall.Freese@Aerojet.com>
Date: Wed, 12 Aug 2009 08:39:58 -0700
I used my Colortune a couple of days ago after having new throttle shaft
bushings installed. The front carb color looked and responded to
adjustments perfectly.

The rear seemed unresponsive. At first I couldn't lean it enough to get
rid of the orange. After waiting a few minutes and returning to the
task, most of the orange was gone but the blue wouldn't change much with
adjustment. Eventually I found a spot where a idle speed change would
occur so I gave the screw  another half turn rich and left it. I will
get back to it after Monterey trip.
I have a freshly rebuilt brake booster and a PCV valve at the booster
intake manifold port. I am thinking the PCV fumes are throwing the color
off for number 5. The spark plugs look ok.
Any comments?
I have an oxygen sensor air/fuel meter test rig made but not yet
installed.
I suppose this will eventually evolve into an ignition problem!!
Ken Freese
65 BJ8